PEANUT BUTTER CHOC CHIP MUFFINS // vegan / oil free / soy free


Woa. These are ah-may-zing. 

When I turned 18, my best friends got me a gift coupon on of my favorite restaurants around here. They serve delicious thai food on a very high standard. We had some problems finding a time when everybody was free (I'm moving to Berlin and they're moving as well) but we arranged a lunch date today. 

Yesterday evening Jule asked me if I had any healthy dessert left around but unfortunately I hadn't (or shall I say fortunately because that's why I made these?). However, that only motivated me to make these super moist and easy vegan muffins your family and friends are going to fall in LOVE with. I promise. They're inspired by a recipe the gorgeous Tess Begg posted on her YouTube a few days ago. Make sure to check that out as well for a video demonstration. 


If you want to know more about what a pro-baker I am (and what happened while these babies chilled (or hotted?) in the oven, click here. Spoiler: DO NOT TAKE A SHOWER WHILE MAKING MUFFINS. 

Kay, I'm out. 

Oh one last thing. I'm totally obsessed with a few new SoundCloud tunes. Here is a small list go what I'm currently listening to:

Make sure to check these out - and get carried away by the wonderful sounds!

If you're into PB CHOC CHIP things check out THESE COOKIES.




PEANUT BUTTER CHOC CHIP MUFFINS

makes about 6 big ones (or 12 tiny ones I think) 

Ingredients

  • 1 cup + 1 tbsp whole grain spelt flour (use a blend of different gluten free flours for a gluten free option)
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tbsp shredded coconut 

  • 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or organic brown sugar)
  • 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water - use fresh ground flax if possible)
  • 1 cup + 1 tbsp oat milk
  • 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter 
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup

  • 50g vegan chocolate (I used the oreo-style iChoc), chopped

Method

  1. Pre-Heat oven to 200°C.
  2. Combine 1 cup flour, baking powder & coconut in a large bowl. Mix and set aside. 
  3. Next, prepare the flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp flax meal & 3 tbsp water in a small bowl. Let it do it's magic while you prepare the other ingredients.
  4. In a medium sized bowl, mix coconut sugar, 1 tbsp oat milk, maple syrup & the peanut butter. Pour in your flax egg and mix. 
  5. Add 1 cup of milk to the peanut butter and stir until combined.
  6. Pour wet ingredients to dry and stir. Do not over mix the batter. It should be easy to stir but not too liquid. If necessary, add 1 tbsp of flour and mix until combined. 
  7. Add in the chocolate chips and mix. 
  8. Pour into 6 large (or 12 small) muffin liners and bake in the oven for about 25 min.
  9. Take them out and let them cool for 5-10 min.
Enjooooyyyy!