It's been a while, I know. I'm sorry.
I needed time to get settled in a new city after my move in September, needed to spend time with new friends, find a job, get uni life flowin' and over all, just create a life here. I hope you understand that blogging wasn't my no.1 priority during this important and exciting time of my life.
If you want to check out more frequent food posts, i encourage you to take a look at my Instagram (@mangoandcoconuts) and for even more frequent updates, check out my snapchat (@jasminbo) as well.
Okay, now. I'm almost done with my final exams for this first semester, which will, once completed, end in a lot of time to write, create & practice my photography.
This porridge up there is creamy, yummy, coconuty and delishhh. Could it get any better? Nah, don't think so.
Coconut Porridge with Caramelized Bananas
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 drop coconut essence (optional)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp lucuma powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or your favorite plant milk, you can also use coconut milk for an even creamier finish!)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 banana, sliced in half & then quarters (8 little long pieces pieces)
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- a few pomegranate seeds
- Combine all oatmeal ingredients in a small pot and bring to a boil. Stir frequently to prevent it from sticking to the bottom.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile, cut your banana and sprinkle it with coconut sugar.
- Put in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes. Alternatively, you could also use the "broiling" section in your oven and broil them for about 1 minute, but KEEP WATCHING THEM.
- Don't forget to stir your oatmeal.
- After about 5-7 minutes, it should be all ready and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl, top with banana pieces and pomegranate seeds.