The season has begun. The season when you wake up in darkness and come home in darkness. The cold season. The stormy, windy and snowy season. Some people might be looking forward to spring already but I’m an advocate for honoring the winter season and embrace its beauty. Cuddling with a blanket while watching hours of your favorite netflix show, drinking hot chocolate and having a candle lit up never feels equally good! I’m even convinced that christmas cookies, hot chocolate, cinnamon and pumkin spiced treats taste best when it’s freezing and dark outside, don’t they?
On those winter mornings when you’re bed seems like the only place that can keep you warm and safe, it’s so important to have a comfy, warming breakfast which will make you want (kinda) to get out of bed and tackle your day. This is it.
A few weeks ago, I got to visit the Food Week at the Kraftwerk in Berlin. It was amazing to see all of these amazing start-ups with big visions, goals and amazing concepts.
One of my favorites was the company „eat performance“, even though they’re not a vegan company, they focus on healthy, sugar free treats that are free of milk and other dairy products. They sell mueslis and raw energy bars made out of nuts, seeds and dried fruit. Pretty damn tasty.
I am very happy to be one of their collaborating bloggers so I can create recipes using their products. I’ve been trying the ‚Winter Muesli’ for quite some time now and I’m so so happy with its flavor , look (gotta take good pictures) and texture!
with Quinoa Flakes & Coconuts
- 2/3 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup almond milk (or coconut milk, not full fat)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (can be omitted)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup eat performance Winter Muesli
- 1/4 cup Açai Smoothie (I used a packaged one by Berioo)
- Combine quinoa flakes, water, milk, coconut sugar and cinnamon in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and while stirring frequently, let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to 2 small bowls and top with 1/4 cup muesli and 1/8 cup smoothie. If you want to make your own smoothie, check out my recipe here.