Raw Vegan Spiced Walnut Cookies



Hey peeps it's me again!

So lately I've been into healthy eating and working out again. Over the last few months I kinda let that slip a bit and I noticed a decrease in my energy, bad skin, loosing muscle and so on. So I decided to hop back on track and start early with my new years resolutions this time. No more heaps of hummus (but still more than I should eat, probably), tons of white bread, vegan chocolate, candy and so on. But that doesn't mean I can't have great Christmas cookies, right?

May I present you the easiest Christmas cookies ever? These take literally 15 minutes. And with just 4 basic ingredients for the base you might even have everything on hand to make them right now. You should. Really.

Oh and I've got a new marble cutting board that will be my new fave back drop!

Now into the recipe...



Raw Vegan Spiced Walnut Cookies


makes about 20 little stars


Ingredients

  • 2 cups pitted dates (if they're dry soak them in warm water for 15-30 minutes)
  • 1 cup walnuts 
  • 1 tbsp speculoos spice (I found it in the Christmas baking section of my grocery store but you can also use gingerbread spice if you can't find it)
  • 1 tbsp Nutri Plus Vanilla Shape & Shake
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp cacao powder
  • 1/4 cup raw coconut nectar
  • more walnuts to garnish

Method


  1. Combine dates, walnuts, spices and protein powder in a food processor and blend until everything is combined and dough-like.
  2. Roll the dough out about 1/2 cm think and cut out your desired shape (I used little star cookie cutters, but gingerbread man and hearts would be so cute, too!).
  3. Place them in the fridge while you make the chocolate topping.
  4. Melt the coconut oil on low heat. 
  5. Add in the cocoa powder and coconut nectar and stir well until no lumps are visible.
  6. Take the cookies out of the fridge and scoop about 1/2 tsp of the chocolate on each cookie.
  7. Top with walnuts.
  8. You'll have leftover chocolate (could be worse) to make little pralines or store it in an airtight container to drizzle over your oatmeal or smoothie bowl.
  9. Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment