I'm happy you found your way here and I really you try this recipe out since it's the bomb, seriously.
I just recently started making waffles and my first attempts to get them nice and crispy seemed to fail in many ways. They weren't fluffy or crispy or anything good. But after experimenting a bit with different ingredients and measures, I can finally present you my first vegan high carb low fat and super simple waffle recipe to knock you out of your socks. Ready?
Wholegrain Vegan Oil Free Waffles
- 1 cup whole grain flour (I used whole wheat flour but spelt tastes really good, too!)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and mix them together.
- In a small bowl, combine applesauce, almond milk, vanilla extract and vinegar.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until no lumps are visible.
- Heat up your waffle iron.
- Scoop about 2 tbsp of the batter onto your waffle iron and cook them for about 5 minutes each.
- Serve your waffles with berries, maple syrup, coconut shavings and walnuts.