Vegan Kitchen Staple: Tahini Rawnola



Hey guys how is it going? I'm writing this on a beautiful Sunday afternoon, looking outside of my window into a small little park. Berlin is seriously the most beautiful city during the summer - I'm falling in love with it again every year.


During the warmer months I love to have smoothie bowls - I mean, who doesn't - topped with raw granola aka rawnola (thank you for the neologism @talinegabriel) and fresh fruit. You can check out my smoothie bowl recipes here, here and here. In this one up here I actually added some frozen cauliflower - what?! It actually makes the smoothie bowl super filling and creamy, I was sceptical at first, too buts it's a total winner, I promise! Thanks to Tone It Up for introducing me to this idea ;)

When making the rawnola, it's important to let it cool over night in the fridge so the dough sticks together nicely. And storing it in the fridge brings out the flavour so much! I'd definitely make this the night before, if you're planning on having it for breakfast.

The rawnola it great as a topping on all kinds of things, smoothie bowls, pancakes, waffles, smoothies or eaten with just almond milk and fruit!

Please note that depending on what kind of dates you're using, their quantities might vary. So keep some oats or almonds and dates in case you need to adjust anything. Happy not-baking!

Now into the recipe...

Tahini Rawnola

makes about 1.5 cups

Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup almonds
  • 1/2 cup oats 
  • 1/4 cup coconut shavings
  • 3/4 cup dates
  • 2.5 tbsp tahini (if using salted, leave out the extra salt) 
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup 
  • 1 tsp salt (this brings out the flavour) 

Method

  1. Combine almonds, oats and coconut shavings in a food processor and blend until fine. 
  2. Add in dates, tahini, maple syrup and salt and pulse until dough like (it will be still crumbly, though!) 
  3. Press firmly onto a lined tray and store in the fridge overnight (or for 6+ hours). 
  4. Take out the dough and break it into smaller, granola like pieces. 
  5. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment