Protein Chia Pudding with Berries



Hey guys,

today I'm bringing you a spring inspired recipe to get you into a good mood, that will make you feel great and look great! I'm talking chia pudding!

I'm pretty sure all of you know the benefits of consuming chia seeds by now, but just to give you a little round up, these little seeds...
  • are rich in fiber 
  • are rich in protein
  • contain good omega 3 fatty acids 
  • are rich in manganese, magnesium and phosphorus 
  • may lower the risk of heart disease and diabetes 
  • improve your exercise performance

Quite impressive, right? 


When I first found out about chia seeds, getting my hands on them was tough, lemme tell ya. I asked my grandmother to bring them with her in her suitcase from her trip to the USA! Ordering them was hella expensive and you could choose between 2 brands. A lot has changed since then and today even my local discounter offers them in organic quality. So proud of how far our society has already come, but there is still a long way to go! Anyway, here I present you the perfect pre and post workout snack, the perfect mid morning or afternoon snack, the perfect movie snack or the perfect small breakfast - chia pudding! 

Protein Chia Pudding with Berries

serves 1 

Ingredients

  • 4 tbsp chia seeds
  • 3/4 cup plant milk (I used cashew) 
  • 1 scoop vegan protein powder (I used white chocolate) 
  • berries and coconut for topping

Method

  1. Combine chia seeds, plant milk and protein powder in a mason jar, close the lid and shake.
  2. Wait a few seconds and shake again. 
  3. Continue shaking every now and then until it's becoming a little thick.
  4. Let sit in the fridge for about 2-3 hours or more. 
  5. Top with strawberries, blueberries, passionfruit and coconut. 
  6. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment