Vegan Salted Caramel Granola with Walnuts and Figs


Hey peeps, 
spring has officially arrived here in northern Germany and I couldn't be happier. If there is one thing that always lifts my mood it's bright sunshine on my skin and birds singing outside. I'm writing this in front of a huge window looking into the blue sky that seems to be endless. 

I originally planned to bring you a bomb filled easter egg recipe, but even though they tasted amazing, I promise you wouldn't believe that when you saw them - biggest fail ever. But instead I present you a salted caramel granola recipe that was 100% inspired by Patricia from Nourish My Bliss, thanks so much for bringing this goodness into my life. I'm addicted. 

Ready for the most amazing granola recipe EVER?! 


Salted Caramel Granola with Walnuts and Figs


serves about 6-8 people

Ingredients 

For the Caramel:
  • 1/2 can Coconut Milk
  • 1/3 cup Coconut Sugar
  • 1 tbsp Agave Nectar
  • 1/2 tbsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Dry Ingredients: 
  • 2 cups Oats
  • 1/3 cup Quinoa Flakes (optional, can be omitted with oats) 
  • 2/3 cup chopped Walnuts
  • 1/2 cup chopped Figs

Method

  1. Preheat oven to 170°C. 
  2. To make the caramel, heat up coconut milk in a pot until it's warm but not cooking.
  3. Add sugar, agave, salt and vanilla and whisk until everything is combined. 
  4. Add your dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir. 
  5. Pour in the caramel and stir until combined.
  6. On a lined baking sheet spread out the granola evenly.
  7. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, checking constantly and stirring the pieces every now and then so that nothing gets burned or is left undercooked. 
  8. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment