It's been a while since my last post. That is because I was shocked by Essena Oneill's story and her videos and I had to take a step back and look at me and how used to be consumed of social media. I asked myself what my intention to come here really was. Was it passion for cooking and photography, the aspiration towards fame or the desire of promoting veganism? It probably was a little of everything, but sadly, over the last few months I focused exclusively on having more and more people read my blog and follow my Instagram. I took photos because I felt I "had to" in order to get more followers and not loose the ones I had, I got depressed when my food did not look like I planned it to do and I got annoyed because the lighting in my new apartment isn't the best, unfortunately. I lost my passion and my love. I stopped working out and let myself go a bit. I had heaps of vegan junk food, stopped doing yoga (which I also LOVE) just because i didn't feel motivated to do anything at all.
A few days ago, I posted a picture of myself on my Instagram and told my followers that I'd like to make everything more personal, more honest and sincere. I like to take pictures of everything. I'm interested in art, music, food and fashion and that is what I want to share with the world.
So long story cut short: Mango and Coconuts is going to change quite a bit in order to stay more pure and true to myself. And I will be posting a lot more about veganism, fashion, art & music and everything I feel like sharing! I hope you like it!
Alrighty, onto the RECIPE because that one is really really really good.
ZESTY BREAKFAST BOWL
- serves 1 hungry vegan
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 1 banana, fresh
- juice of 1/2 lime
- a dash of spirulina
- 1/3 cup oats
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup oat milk (or any other dairy-free milk of your choice)
- a couple of fresh raspberries and some lime for decoration
- For the bircher, mix together chia seeds, oats & milk. Let it sit in the fridge overnight (it'll keep up to 5 days, I like to make large quantities in advance to always have some breakfast ready to eat).
- Peel & freeze your bananas overnight if you don't have a stash in your fridge (which you should totally have!).
- In the morning, combine bananas, lime juice and spirulina in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Scoop out the bircher and assemble it in a bowl together with the nice-cream, some lime & the raspberries.